Measures to prevent the spread of infection
Tokyo Summerland will implement the following measures to ensure the health and safety of our customers and employees, as in accordance with the “Guidelines for Prevention of Spread of the Novel Coronavirus at Amusement Parks and Theme Parks,” which was prepared based on the “Basic Policy for Prevention of Infection of the Coronavirus” of the Japanese government.
We kindly request the cooperation and understanding of all visitors to the park in our infection prevention measures.
Requests for guests
- Admission will be restricted at Tokyo Summerland. Please purchase tickets in advance before visiting the park. Click here to purchase tickets.
- Please be aware that guests that fall under the following categories are not allowed to enter the park.
- Guests who are experiencing a fever of 37.5℃ or higher, strong fatigue (physical weakness), or difficulty breathing (dyspnea/shortness of breath)
- Guests who are experiencing cold symptoms such as sore throat and cough
- Guests who in the past 14 days have traveled to countries or regions of which the government requires entry restrictions and observation periods after entry, or who have been in close contact with residents of said areas
- Guests who refuse to have their temperature taken
- Guests who are or may be infected with the novel coronavirus or who are high risk for infection
- Please be sure to wear a mask when entering the park. Those who are not wearing masks will not be allowed entry.
*Children above the age of 2 must wear a mask. (Japan Pediatric Association Policy)
- In order to avoid crowding in the locker room and changing room areas, please change into your bathing suits at home as much as possible.
- We ask guests to bring their own innertubes to the pool to help avoid overcrowding.
- Please cooperate with the infrared thermography measurement (temperature taking) when entering the park.
- Infrared thermography will be used to perform contactless body temperature measurement of all guests at time of admission.
- If a temperature of 37.5℃ or higher is detected by the thermography, a staff member will alert you. Next, we ask for your cooperation in the use of a medical thermometer to confirm your temperature. If a fever of 37.5℃ or higher is confirmed, you will be refused admission.
- Disinfectants are available throughout the park, including at the entrance, so we ask for your cooperation in diligently disinfecting your hands.
- If you are confirmed to be infected with the novel coronavirus, please register for the corona information service reached via QR code for our guests visiting the park.
- If you have a smartphone, we recommend that you download and register the new coronavirus contact application (COCOA).
- Please follow coughing etiquette to prevent infection via droplet transmission.
- Be sure to wear your mask while taking part in rides and attractions.
- When temperatures and humidity are high, be sure to avoid heatstroke by hydrating and resting, keeping a safe distance between yourself and others when you remove your mask to do so.
- We ask for your cooperation in ensuring social distance in the park.
- Lockers, changing rooms, and showers may have limited capacity, or areas and locations for use may be specified.
- We ask for your cooperation by finishing using the lockers, changing rooms, hair dryers, and powder rooms within 15 minutes.
- Please help prevent infection by paying using non-cash methods (credit cards, electronic money). Cash will be handled using a coin tray.*Some items, such as parking fees and coin lockers, need to be paid in cash.
- If you begin to feel unwell after entering the park, you may be asked to leave depending on your symptoms.
About measures taken to prevent the spread of infection
- Disinfectants will be available throughout the park, and areas will be regularly disinfected with sodium hypochlorite and other solutions.
- With regards to the quality of the water in the pools, in order to maintain the isolated residual chlorine concentration set by the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare’s “Hygienic Standards for Swimming Pools” we are measuring water samples once per hour.
- The Adventure Dome (indoor pools, attractions, service facilities, etc.) will be utilizing ventilation methods recommended by the Ministry of Health, Labor, and Welfare. (Indoor air is exchanged for outdoor air twice per hour. ※Calculated by building management.)
The following attractions will be closed for the time being.
||Amusement Park Area
|Yu Yu Cave (hot bath)
- The waves and splashes of Cobalt Beach will continue while restrictions on guest numbers are enforced. (May be cancelled due to crowding)
About rest seats, restaurants, and shops
- The green room rest area (free seating) and others have had low tables removed to help maintain distance between guests.
- In order to reduce crowding at restaurants, dishes that have long wait times have been removed from menus for the time being.
- Seating is limited in restaurant locations. Please keep a certain distance between seats.
- Please refrain from speaking loudly in the break area, and please wear a mask when talking.
- Partitions are installed at cash registers to prevent droplet infection.
- Please refrain as much as possible from talking during meals. Please wear a mask during conversations. Please refrain from loud conversations while consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Restrictions on the number of guests entering swimwear and souvenir shops may be established.
About our staff
- Staff members are required to wear masks, disinfect their hands, and take other infection prevention measures. However, in order to prevent heat stroke, there may be times when staff members in the park will be required to remove their masks temporarily to drink water.
- Staff must have their temperature taken before beginning work, and if a fever is present or they are feeling unwell, they will not be working.